Jason L. Abelove
Jason L. Abelove
- Employment law
- Business & Commercial Law
- Wage & Hour and Sexual Harassment
- Employment Discrimination
Jason L. Abelove is a solo practitioner based out of Garden City, New York. Mr. Abelove practices in the areas of business law, employment discrimination, employment law, sexual harassment and real estate. He serves clients in Garden City and throughout the New York City area including Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens and Long Island.
Mr. Abelove has more than 25 years of experience. He has been licensed to practice law since 1994 and is admitted in New York and California as well as before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York and the U.S. District Courts for the Central and Southern Districts of California. He is a highly respected attorney and has recovered significant verdicts and settlements for clients over the years.
In addition to his practice, Mr. Abelove regularly speaks on employment law related topics such as pregnancy discrimination, sexual harassment and wage and hour violations. He has also served as an instructor for the Hofstra University Paralegal Studies Certificate Program. He has earned the highest rating of AV Preeminent* by the peer review rating service Martindale-Hubbell for his accomplishments.
Active in the New York and California legal communities, Mr. Abelove belongs to various professional legal organizations. He is a member of the Nassau County Bar Association, the New York State Bar Association, The State Bar of California, the American Bar Association, the American Association for Justice and the National Employment Lawyers Association.
Mr. Abelove received a bachelor's degree from Clark University and graduated cum laude. He earned his law degree from Pepperdine University School of Law.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards.
- Pepperdine University School of Law, Malibu, California
- Clark University, Worcester, Massachusetts
- London School of Economics & Political Science, London
Classes & Seminars
- Instructor, Hofstra University Paralegal Certificate Program
- Nassau County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- National Employment Lawyers Association
Current Employment Position
- California, 1994
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 1995
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1995
- New York, 1997
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1997
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1997